SAVE OVER $100 A MONTH WITH ENERGY STAR CERTIFIED HOMES!!
Main Street Homes is proud to offer new homes that have earned the ENERGY STAR® label. The ENERGY STAR label means that your new home has been designed and built to standards well above other homes in the market today. It means better quality, better comfort, and better durability. It also means that your new home is a better value for today, and a better investment for tomorrow. The ENERGY STAR label gives you the peace of mind that your home has undergone a better process for inspections, testing, and verification to ensure that it meets strict requirements set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Learn more about ENERGY STAR certified new homes at http://www.energystar.gov/newhomes
A new ENERGY STAR Certified Home by Main Street Homes can be more than 30% more efficient than a standard new home, and over 60% more efficient than a 20 year old used home! That adds up to significant energy cost savings for you over the life of your new home! A savings of $100 month for the next 30 years - equals $36,000 in your pocket!
Energy Star Features Now Included in Every Main Street Home:
- All Penetrations Between Conditioned and Unconditioned Space are Sealed. By using less energy for heating, cooling, and water heating, ENERGY STAR Certified Homes deliver approximately 35% savings (or $100/month) on annual utility bills. Over the 7 to 8 years that a typical family lives in a home, you can save thousands of dollars in maintenance costs.
- Drywall Sealed at the Top Plate at all Interfaces with Unconditioned Areas. It’s not just the amount of insulation; it’s also the quality of the installation that makes all the difference. Proper installation includes careful placement to eliminate gaps, voids, and compression; complete air barriers that prevent air from bypassing the insulation; and building techniques that minimize heat flow through framing. This ensures consistent temperatures throughout the house, reduced energy use, and increased comfort.
- 95% Efficient HVAC Systems with Programmable Thermostats. A programmable thermostat is ideal for people who are away from home during set periods of time throughout the week. With proper use of pre-programmed settings, a programmable thermostat can save you about $180 every year in energy costs.
- HVAC Returns in Every Bedroom. As much as half of the energy used in your home goes to heating and cooling. Returns in every bedroom will create more consistent temperatures throughout your home – making you more comfortable and saving on energy costs.
- Sealed Ductwork to Prevent Leakage. Ducts that move air to-and-from a forced air furnace, central air conditioner, or heat pump are often big energy wasters. Sealing and insulating ducts can improve the efficiency of your heating and cooling system by 20%, and sometimes much more.
- Low-E Windows. Our windows use advanced technologies, such as protective coatings and improved frames, to help keep heat in during winter and out during summer—translating into real savings for you. They also block damaging ultraviolet sunlight that can discolor photographs, carpets, and furnishings. These windows can also help reduce the potential for condensation, which can damage window sills, cause paint to crack, and encourage mold growth.
- House Wrap. Air that leaks through your home’s envelope − the outer walls, windows, doors, and other openings − wastes a lot of energy and increases your utility costs. A well-sealed envelope, coupled with the right amount of insulation, can make a real difference on your utility bills.
- Pre-Drywall Inspection Conducted by a 3rd Party Engineering Firm. This ensures that your home is sealed properly and that the ductwork meets or exceeds ENERGY STAR standards for duct leakage.
- Final Inspection Conducted by a 3rd Party Engineer. Blower Door and Duct Blaster Tests are performed to verify that the house meets ENERGY STAR criteria, resulting in energy cost savings of up to 35% versus other new homes.
Click here to view a video about ENERGY STAR Certified Homes!
Call 804-302-4542 to visit a model home today and learn more!